Monday, October 10, 2011

Hello!

Welcome to my blog for NSG 521, Infectious Disease and Infection Control.

My name is Susan. I'm a recently minted RN moving on to a master's in (ready?) Advanced Practice Community Health Systems Nursing, Cross-Cultural and Global Health. I'm also in the graduate certificate program in HIV and STIs.

I'm interested in HIV specifically as a global health issue. I've worked with refugee populations and in resource-constrained settings, and I'm looking forward to learning more about how to reduce transmission risk and implement successful treatment in these areas.

For this blog, I've chosen to focus on HIV in Mozambique. I spent a few weeks in Mozambique this summer working in a small clinic in Beira, and can't wait to get back there someday. Here's a photo of the consultório from my POV.



No comments:

Post a Comment